If not ebay....where will you list??

This is the place for those "technical" computer questions concerning the board, such as avatars, signatures and pictures.
Feel free to test here as well.
Sherry Lewis

If not ebay....where will you list??

Post by Sherry Lewis »

I know everyone is SICK and tired of ebay...paypal..etc!!! :twisted: :twisted: So where are you going to list your items?? :?:

I have been looking around this a.m. and am not quite sure where to go?? I would very much like to try somewhere other than stupid ebay....but where?? :dunno: :dunno:

I was seriously considering Etsy, it looks well established, with a variety of items....any thoughts..suggestions...advice????? :help: :help:

Is everyone still planning on staying with ebay till they get really, really burned by some vindictive buyer?? That is kind of what I was gana do....but I really don't want that extra crap! :banghead: Looks like the # of pages under reborns has really dropped on ebay...so I am thinking maybe everyone has an alternative they are going to try, please share your thoughts with us. :D
Sherry Lewis

Re: If not ebay....where will you list??

Post by Sherry Lewis »

Anyone have any thoughts....suggestions...comments???? :noidea:
RanelleK

Post by RanelleK »

It is true that there are several other sites for sellers out there, but IMO EvilBay, as bad as it is, still offers tee best chance for selling. I have tried a couple of other sites with no success. Didn't even meet my minimum. Many do not charge a lisitng fee, so nothing lost except time. These same items were then listed on Ebay and exceeded their minimums.
juliet*

Post by juliet* »

Have I got the place for you!

I just have to be sure I can post it....it's in the works, but it's already AWESOME!!!!

Keep your eyes peeled! :D

Edited to add:
See post below by Danna!
Last edited by juliet* on Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannas_Storybookbabies

Post by Dannas_Storybookbabies »

Well...I was going to make a general announcement later this week, but saw this post and wanted to reply :0). I have just designed an auction site for doll artists. The focus is on low fees (Free Basic listings and a low FVF of 2.5%) as well as promoting artists in whatever way I can. I have designed four showcases: One for sculptors, one for reborners, another for Clothing designers and lastly one for Doll companies and dollmaking supply vendors. There will be online workshops for artists through a webcam video chatroom.....even talked about setting up a silicone casting workshop through the site. I have also added forums and a Dolly Directory and will feature top doll artists throughout the year. Jessica Schenk is to be featured for our Grand Opening and will be auctioning off one of her fabulous babies. Followed by these other talented artists: Michelle Fagan, Tamie Yarie, Pat Moulton, Elizabeth Dye, Stephanie Sullivan, Marita Winters, Natalie Scholl, Victoria Marie, Sunny Talbot, and Dee Stastny.

Grand Opening is June 1st. If you want to get a sneak peak of the utube video you can visit our blog at: http://www.shoppesonmagnolia.blogspot.com/

I've got a lot planned for the grand opening and am hoping if we all ban together we will have a nice little place to sell our dolls and I plan on always keeping listing free and other associated fees low.

It is up to the community as a whole to ban together to make a site like this a successful reality. I've built the site, but by myself I can't make it a success. Doll Collectors and Doll Artists need to change their habits and give a site like this a chance. So I am hoping you will all at least give it a try. The nice thing is with free basic listings you have NO RISK. I am taking on all the risk in this and felt motivated to do so as the vision I have is of bringing the community together as a whole.....not just with selling and buying, but with learning, teaching and socializing. I've got so many plans for the site....but won't bore you with them right now..LOL.

Look for more specific announcements about the site a little later this week. Hope to see everyone at the Grand Opening!!! xoxo Danna
RanelleK

Post by RanelleK »

That sounds great, Danna. I think I will get a little one ready just for your site. Best of luck and I hope you get lots of support.
Sherry Lewis

Post by Sherry Lewis »

Wow....thanks so much for your input Danna!!! :D Sounds really great, I would love to give this new site a try...and I will!!! :toast: :toast:

Thank you to all of you ladies for your input as well, I would absolutely LOVE to see a new doll site take off like a rocket and be fair to sellers as well as buyers!!! :D
Patricia/RockaByBoutique

Post by Patricia/RockaByBoutique »

Looking foward to it, Danna.
I'll support it. :thumb:
Patricia
Sherry Lewis

Post by Sherry Lewis »

Sorry Patricia....it's already gone under! :( :(
Lilliansbabies

Post by Lilliansbabies »

You could take a look at Tazbar and Ebid I'm registered with both and have sold items in the past,not reborns, but there are a sprinkling of reborns, and I think if people did go ahead and list, customers would start to take a look. Ebid are no listing fees and only a small percentage when sold item, and Tazbar the same.I've got afew others I have a list of in my notebook and will try and find them, and list them. I have also the same opinion of ebay, but I have started to pick up business through my website and although it is something that takes at least six months to get established on search engines, I have found I have the lions share of searches through Google to get to me, and I went for the modest five pounds limit a month at a penny a click advertising, but it does mean that my website is featured on the first page which is important bacause not many people go to the second, third or fourth pages after the get a webpage up with their search results. Hope this helps.
Patricia/RockaByBoutique

Post by Patricia/RockaByBoutique »

Sherry Lewis wrote:Sorry Patricia....it's already gone under! :( :(
That's a shame, what happened?
Patricia
Lilliansbabies

Post by Lilliansbabies »

Further to my posting a while back, Tazbar have just announced they are ceasing trading ! Got an email today. I have thought about doing a customised auction site too for us reborn artists fed up with ebay, me being one of them , especially at present. I have found a website that gives you all the tools for creating an auction site, so I will be looking into it further now, since evilbay and them pulling my listing yesterday for some stupid wording, I didn't realise I wa in breach of, it is ok now I have relisted, just trying to think of alternatives like everyone else.......
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

May be it is time for more Dolls shows again. Ebay was great when it first started but has turned into a Money Pit!!! I myself will be doing more shows!!!!! Besides I can see more of our Great Country because I drive!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
mistyH

Post by mistyH »

I too have heard alot about people lisying on Etsy.I have just been too brainwashed by ebay i guess to try it myself.Let us know if you do and how it works out!