Bottle Help Please

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
Mamaroo(Jill in NJ)

Bottle Help Please

Post by Mamaroo(Jill in NJ) »

Ok ladies, I am having a heck of a time sealing the nipple on bottles.

I bought a silicone sealer, it is clear and it has a pointed top to get into the smallest places, I squeezed a drop into the tip of the nipple that was last night about 8...it is now almost 3 ...like 18 hours now and it is still not dry!

ANY clue?? Can I also ask how you guys are sealing the nipples and bottles??

All help will be appreciated!

Jill
kimberly

Re: Bottle Help Please

Post by kimberly »

well mines poped out too. And im going back to using crazy glue :)
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I have always used a sealant my hubby found at Walmart for me. It is called
RV sealant, I believe. He found it in the hardware section. so far none of mine have come undone and they dried pretty quickly, the best I remember.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

I use aquarium sealer and never had trouble with it. The way I seal the end of my bottles I use enought to fill the end a bit and then it helps to put in open mouths babies. Here are my preemie ones I did and they are still sealed. They are nearly 3 yrs old.
DanalynnBabyLove

Post by DanalynnBabyLove »

Bonnie, what did you use on the inside of your bottles for the "milk"?

:D
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

I use water and that Downy Free. For color I use marker water :wink: Paint works but seemed to separate after time. I made OJ before but after 3 years found the bottle and it looked nasty. I used downy to make it just a tad cloudy like OJ, and it went gross :(
I think my mix for milk is 1/2 & 1/2. Hope that helps! I've got to make a few here in the next few days. Good luck makin yours!
DanalynnBabyLove

Post by DanalynnBabyLove »

Thanks! That's what I've always used too, the downy free and clear. But I was using it straight out of the bottle, no water, and it went solid on me. LOL!

I appreciate the tips! The water added must be the magic ingredient to making it last.

:toast:
Mamaroo(Jill in NJ)

Post by Mamaroo(Jill in NJ) »

Thanks girls!
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

I will say recently I used E6000 to seal the nipple tips. Does not work, at least not on silicone nipples. Haven't tried on latex, nor tried my aquarium sealer on silicone. the E6000 dried and got hard, but pealed right out. I use it to seal the rest of it (nipple to ring and ring to bottle. Also works great if sealing the bottle w/a flat cap instead of having the flow go to the actual nipple.
dollhntrjudy

Post by dollhntrjudy »

My husband had more success than I did! The silicone glue was a glob that didn't work well. He used a tiny bit of Crazy Glue on the tip of the nipple. That was several months ago and it still doesn't leak. I use Downy (cashmere & silk fresh) fabric softener without deluting it in the bottles. It has the right color, consistency, and has maintained it's liquid state for a couple of years now.
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks for the advice on the Downy. I am not able to find the Downy Free I used to use, and the white kind I bought from another brand I am not happy with. I will have to look for that kind!
I was afraid super glue or similar might eat through the nipple, so good to know!